Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Patrick

Dear Patrick,
There is something about you being 8 that makes me think that this is an absolutely picture perfect time in your life.  The other night I was listening to you explain something to Daddy (in your long-winded way.... that you totally get from Dad) and all I could think was where is the stage for this boy.  You are a performer at heart. 

This year is such a big year because you are becoming so much more mature.  But I love 8 because your heart is still innocent and pure.  If I could buy millions of Legos to keep you busy for the years to come I would.  But that's the thing about growing up, it's inevitable.  No matter how much I long to keep you in this world of a little boy, you have to grow up.  Unless you are Peter Pan and that's just not really a possibility at this point in your life because Neverland is too far away and I can't go there because I did grow up so you have to stay here.

As you grow up I want to remind you that you thank God for the gifts in your life every day.  I want you to remember that today you have more than most kids in the world could ever dream.  I want you to know that even if you don't have every toy, gadget, or hot thing, you have lots of people who love you and care about you (FOREVER).  And you have a brother and a sister who look at you with stars in their eyes. 


I know that I am a crazy mama and I am possibly the meanest mom on the block but I love you with every inch of my being.  We can always laugh together.  We can always have sushi together.  We can always watch Giada together.  We can always read quietly together.  I promise to always make time for you and do my best to show you that you are a very special boy. I love you!
Mama Lou



No comments: