We don't have a lot of opportunities to pack up the SUV and head to the beach on a whim. Ok, I can't remember the last time we did that.... But yesterday we did it. I punched Little Miss Planner Mom in the face and we hit the road with no real plans. It was fabulous. I think we are on Day 17 of triple digit heat so we headed to Monterey and highs of 63.
The kids were so excited to go to the aquarium. Patrick set his alarm for 5:00 am. We spent the whole morning at the aquarium and explored Monterey in the afternoon.
Taking Lauren to the beach for the first time was the highlight of my day. Kevin made sure that we went back to the beach we took Patrick to for his first trip. The boys had fun chasing waves (Keith was soaked) and Lauren loved the sand and water (of course). I was staying dry and enjoying my family. At least until Kevin wanted to take a picture of me with the kids.
REAL LIFE. An armful of discarded sweatshirts, Lauren by the armpit, dragging the boys in, and boom I'm soaked. This is my motherhood. Wet and wild. I love it.
Since the planner mom was knocked out, we were short towels and blankets and other things I would usually bring. We did have extra clothes for most people but sizing was an issue and Keith will forever remember wearing my clothes home. good times/great memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment