I have had an amazing two weeks off with the boys. At first Patrick was perplexed by the non-travel vacation. "We go somewhere on vacation. Where are we going?" My big plan was going absolutely nowhere. Let's put it this way, I was driving around frantically trying to drain the expensive gas from the Expedition to make room for the $1.30 gas deal that expired on New Year's Eve. You see, I drive a lot for work, so not driving is a treat. So what did we do?
- We instituted a new rule for movie night. On vacation if we say it is movie night then it is movie night. Even if it isn't Friday night.
- We played little Legos and scrapbooked.
- We lined drapes for Keith's room. And renamed Keith's room, "The Nursery" since in a few months he will be moving into his new room.
- We cleaned out the purple room (soon-to-be Keith's room), my office and the Nursery. This took multiple days to complete with both of us focusing on the task.
- We packed up Christmas and put out Valentine's Day.
- We watched lots of Elmo DVDs.
- We slept in until 8:00 more mornings than not.
- We started reading the kids version of Marley and Me. A chapter a night.
Nothing ground-breaking. But we've had a lot of happy and funny moments over the last two weeks (sorry I didn't blog them). So it makes my resolution quite a bit easier... Work less, live more. I'll let you know how it goes. My goal is at least 3 three-day weekends every month.
Oh and if you made it to the end of this post one little story about the boys (and me, because I think I am funny and Patrick agrees). Keith got in trouble at the dinner table tonight (don't ask) and was... well posted. We turn him around to face the wall and move him away from the table. So Keith is crying and carrying on. Then he starts smacking his legs and feet because there was nothing else to hit. Now you know why he gets posted far away from anyone or anything. Patrick started laughing, because when you're four there is nothing funnier than hitting yourself.
MOM: Don't encourage him Patrick.
PATRICK: But he's funny when he hits himself.
MOM: You can laugh at him but you have to laugh at him like Daddy and me. Like this, on the inside. ***At which point I laughed on the inside. Moms and Dads? You know. Shoulder tremble, laughing eyes, a few tears.***
So Patrick was half-rolling from my display and half-rolling from his own attempt to recreate laughing on the inside.
I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunities to laugh on the inside this week at work...... Is it Friday yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment