It was Keith's first trip. I have a vague memory of taking Keith and Patrick a few years ago.... it wasn't fun.
This morning when I announced that today was (finally) library day, Patrick was excited. Keith? Not so much.
In the car ride there Keith made up a song about not wanting to go to the library. It was a catchy tune. The chorus was "let's just go home, let's just go home."
Once we got there he started to warm up to the idea of picking out his own books. And then he found not one but TWO Star Wars books. How does he do that?
Things got a bit dicey when I wanted to look for books for myself. There was quite a bit of loud SHUSHing. I shushed Keith once and he proceeded to shush himself, his sister, and pretty much any other noise. Do you still have to be quiet in the library? Because we weren't. Then he announced that he had to go to the bathroom... AGAIN.
Then it was time for the best part of the trip: Keith got his very own library card!
"Keith, do you want to go back to the library?"
"YEAH!......no."
No comments:
Post a Comment