Look at my face!
I'm not ready. The kids have clothes, the boys' hair has been trimmed, the school supplies were purchased and organized weeks ago.... but I'M NOT READY. I continue to refer to the first day of school as something that will happen at some point in the (distant?) future.
Big changes for us this year (dig hole, stick head in). Patrick is an upper grader, Keith is at school all day, and Lauren jets off to the preparatory academy (aka Preschool). Don't let summer end yet!
We had an amazing summer, including our first family trip since Hawaii four years ago. We spent a week at the beach and it was so much fun. Can we go back?
Today when I thought about Lauren eating lunch out of her coveted lunch box without me there, I had flurries in my belly. When Keith came in for yet another reassuring hug, my heart skipped. When Patrick worried about the new year, I teared up.
People keep reminding me that with Lauren at school, I have time. Well, I don't really know what that means or what to do about that. It isn't real.
I pray that my children will be lead by the ways of our God and not by the ways of this world. I pray that they grow and learn and achieve to their full potential. I pray that there will always be trials to make them better and stronger (I force myself to pray that most days). I pray that Kevin and I will be strong role models for grace, love, compassion, leadership, integrity, and humor. And I pray that whatever this new year brings that we grow in our love for one another and our family bond tightens against the icky stuff in this world.
OK NOW I'M READY!
No comments:
Post a Comment