Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lies....it's all lies!

The art of storytelling... that's what blogging is really all about.  Well, the art of storytelling meets a little whole lotta ego and a smidge of well-executed exaggeration.  That is blogging.  Did you know that some bloggers actually lie and steal content?  It's a thing. 

Sure, most bloggers edit their content to some extent.  Whether it is cropping the dirty dishes out of the "perfect house picture" or leaving out a part of the story.... we all edit, by virtue of not telling you about every little thing... we are editing.  And we only tell you about the shiny happy kid stories.  Since I just posted this post, I could make an argument that my kids may be happy but they are not shiny.  But sometimes, they may seem a little unbelievable....  Do you believe this picture?  ***Yes, I got a copy of Pioneer Woman Cooks. WOOHOO  A beautiful book, nothing like any other cookbook I own (and therefore fabulous)*** And yes, Patrick is studying the book.***





Do you believe that I had nothing to do with this picture except to pick up my Nikon and steal his moment?  Do you believe that he later commented that "She seems like a really nice lady and I was wrong to think she was Giada, she has red hair.  I think I am going to like her, let's make her food."


Do you believe that he begrudgingly handed my book back to me when I demanded it asked for it.  Do you believe that I didn't eat anything all week (save a handful of mixed nuts, a doughie, and half a carrot) in preparation for a weekend of PW Cookin'?  Ok, that last one is an exaggeration.  I'll stop with this: Let's make some prune cake!!!

What is this all about?  The story tells itself.... sometimes too well and you just have to let it.... sometimes you want to save face....
Which is why I owe you (my dedicated reader) the truth.  Remember that oh-so-truthful "my kids aren't perfect" blog post (the poop one, remember, I was just bragging about it)?  Well I am dizzy with editorial guilt.  The poop catastrophe was my fault.  I feel bad about it.  My child hadn't been napping and I just wanted to take a shower without wondering whether he was destroying my belongings or flooding the bathroom or roaming the streets.  So I locked his door (from the outside remember).... which I never do anymore.  And I treated myself to a nice, long, hot shower ( do I get points if I cleaned the shower while enjoying my nice, long, hot shower?  okay, I was cleaning it) so lovely and so not worth it in the long run.
BM stands for Bad Mommy.




THE UNEDITED TRUTH THAT IS ME (blogging penance).....  Mid work-out, puffs around the edges, crazy brows and my eyes accented by dark circles.  The good news for me is that I have a fancy mirror that makes me think I am skinny with perfect skin.  Then I take a picture of myself and ruin it... oh well.


No comments: