From the moment this boy comes into my room in the morning he is smiling and flirting. "I get in bed with you." He consumes a lumberjack breakfast (sometimes 3 man-sized bowls of cereal. This morning three cherry chocolate cookies, a whole grapefruit and a bowl of cheerios). He then barrels into the day attempting to put the previous days antics and adventures to shame. He lives life like it is going out of style.
But lately, lately he is my shadow, my appendage, as evidenced in the picture above (that blob he is holding onto is my man-sized shoulder) and the fact that as I type, he has once again crawled in my lap.
As crazy as he makes me, I would forgive him of the worst offenses (answering the door and signing for a package while we are upstairs) because he is my best little buddy. He loves to help (especially if it is a job I just gave his brother). He loves to do things "by my ownself." And everything old is new again. A freshly laundered shirt, a "found" toy.... "Wook, my own new bug shirt! I love you bug shirt!"
And he LOVES posing for random pictures. In fact he demands it.
And he purrs when you rub his head.
2 comments:
So cute!
This is the sweetest. You make me really look forward to being a mom. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment