Welcome to the tail-end of my three-week cold. Me and Mr. Chest Congestion are going to part ways this weekend come hell or high water. We have to because I might have to buy new pants next week if I don't get moving.
The good news, everything is in place for me to do what needs to be done. The brand-new Wii Fit Plus my dad gave me, the freed jogging stroller that has been blocked by the old fridge for months, the now perfectly clean workout room (with mirrors!). Oh and I found a new favorite Pandora station: ABBA (don't judge). Two pant sizes. That's what we need. A little movement (with the aforementioned strategies) and a little Lindsay Diet and we are good to go. And so I present you with: the lindsay diet (all skinny lowercase letters)
I don't know that there is a diet for people like me who live to eat. I do know that there is no MD out there who would endorse my eating habits. This diet is whacked with a side of "heard that line before." Do it, don't do it. We are all different, this is me, you have to be you. This is the true story of how I lost 4 pant sizes.
I'm going to use my skinny voice and pretend that I am actually implementing the lindsay diet.
- I stop eating at least 3 hours before going to bed. My rule of thumb is that if I am hungry it must be time for bed. We eat dinner between 5:00 and 5:30 and I rarely eat after dinner is completed. Generally bedtime is 10:00 pm.
- Which brings me to the next rule, sleep is your friend. I get 7-8 hours, it really does work.
- No Diet Coke. ever, well almost see #8. I kicked my Diet Coke habit not so long ago. I went from two a day to none. Immediately dropped a size.
- Portion control, read the labels. We used to cook a pound of spaghetti for the two of us. Now we divide half a pound between four of us. I usually serve myself about the same size portion as the boys.
- If it isn't in the house it is a lot harder to indulge. For me this is mostly alcohol and cake. I am SO guilty of buying ice cream and other things that don't call my name, torturing my husband or loving my husband? you be the judge.
- During the week I drink my breakfast: it is called half and half in my coffee. (that is a blog confession. so embarrassing.)
- And I am usually too busy (and/or stressed) to eat much for lunch. When I do eat lunch it is after 1:30 which means 5:30 dinner comes way too early to consume thousands of calories.
- I fully commit to indulging in food over the weekend and I never say never. I love Diet Coke, Bread and Butter, Red Wine, Red Meat, Pizza, Chocolate Cake, Mayo and Beer and BUTTER.
- I have always been a 3-squares kind of gal. Now I embrace the snack. A hundred calories at a time.
- When in doubt I eat more vegetables. I know, exciting. It helps with #4.
No comments:
Post a Comment